5 ft Falcon - Mandible Pits
I have started modelling the pits for anyone who is interested.
Where possible I have modelled the parts based on the Kit Scans.
The goal with these is to be resin printed.

Thought I'd throw a few a few photos of the first one up (needs a bit of tidying up in places) - and the others in this chat as I get through them, generally take a few days to model each one.

If anyone spots anything majorly incorrect, let me know, I will be tweaking them along the way to match all of the photos.

Once I am happy with my final versions I will upload the STLs, as well as pre-supported ones for anyone who wants to print them.

Cheers Darrin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 2 users Like Dazza007's post:
  • jcoffman99, manugu
Looks great Darrin!
Would take me years to get this done Wink
Making some progress, I took a break from doing pits and decided to work on some of the other parts of the mandibles
Will model both sets fully, and then see how I can best deconstruct them for printing, and piecing back together easily.

Its a slow process, but enjoyable.

I have a few of these parts on the printer, just to see how they came out - will add some photos of the final prints in a few hours once they are complete

[-] The following 2 users Like Dazza007's post:
  • jcoffman99, manugu
Here's the first run of prints, not looking too bad, still have a few minor tweaks here and there, but taking shape.

These are printed at 0.05mm, I will do the finals at a higher quality that that.

I've decided in future, rather than swamp this site with Work in Progress - I will put that all on the RPF forums, and just upload final models here, will make it easier to find things

so keep an eye on
https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/ya...ild.344613
if you are interested, once I have some finals I will upload them here - I will delete the erroneous posts here in due course, just to keep things tidy

[-] The following 1 user Likes Dazza007's post:
  • jcoffman99
(04-01-2024, 06:38 AM)Dazza007 Wrote: Here's the first run of prints, not looking too bad, still have a few minor tweaks here and there, but taking shape.

These are printed at 0.05mm, I will do the finals at a higher quality that that.

I've decided in future, rather than swamp this site with Work in Progress - I will put that all on the RPF forums, and just upload final models here, will make it easier to find things

so keep an eye on
https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/ya...ild.344613
if you are interested, once I have some finals I will upload them here - I will delete the erroneous posts here in due course, just to keep things tidy

Very awesome work.
I’ll keep an eye on both places anyway Wink
Fantastic how clean this looks, even the springs! Good work!!