5 ft Falcon - Gunner Turret
Hi All,
Here are the STL files for my Gunner Turret.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

I will end up uploading a lot more, so for Reference, if the File Name ends in F1, that means FDM version 1. R1 would be resin version 1 and so forth.

Version 1 models were done a few years back, Version 2 models will be any that I do from now on - as I have a lot more reference material now, so V2s should be alot better.

Unless Specified these have all printed fine on my Prusa MK3s using PLA+, without the need for any supports.

The Larger bits have hidden dovetail joins, so should just slot into each other, whereas the smaller bits just have rectangular alignment pins.

I am also working on the Turret Internals - will upload those once completed

Anyway enjoy

Thanks Darrin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 2 users Like Dazza007's post:
  • jcoffman99, manugu
Thank you Darrin for sharing your work, highly appreciated!!
What software are you using for 3D modeling? I had a look in your thread but didn‘t see it mentioned there.

Now I need to get my stuff organized also Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes manugu's post:
  • Dazza007
I'm using 3dstudio Max,
Not because its the best to use (I am sure there are better apps for this sort of modelling), just because I know it well, and I have a license for work.
Admittedly I'm so old now I started using it when it was a DOS app, think I started with 3D Studio Version 2 early 1990s.

Anyway back to my Pits.

Cheers D
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dazza007's post:
  • manugu
Hi Darrin,

for a starter I uploaded an stl of the radar dish base structure to my google drive (public):
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...drive_link
It is for sure not printer ready, but maybe it is already useful. I spent a bit of time matching the model to a point cloud and image locations I got from photogrammetry, so I think the relative dimensions match pretty good. Scaling was done with digital kit parts from Minifig and Maruska (Names from theRPF), I hope I got that right. The dish outer dimension should be 6'' (Plastruct VHD-600 I guess).
The plan is to add more as I clean up. I'm still struggeling with the greeblies, I think I have too many faces, the files are too heavy.
It will likely be a slow process but a fun one Smile

Cheers,
Manu
[-] The following 1 user Likes manugu's post:
  • Dazza007