5 ft Falcon - Cockpit Cone Forward Window Frame
This is my attempt at the forward window frame of the cockpit cone.

[edit] - fixed the geometry of the inside surfaces. There was a weird non-planar face in there.

Attached Files
.zip   forward_windows.zip (Size: 96.3 KB / Downloads: 0)
[-] The following 3 users Like RealDaveWinter's post:
  • Dazza007, jcoffman99, manugu
(05-11-2024, 10:14 PM)RealDaveWinter Wrote: This is my attempt at the forward window frame of the cockpit cone.

Hi Dave,
Nice work - that was a hard one to model as well.

I'm just about to upload my nearly complete 5ft cockpit build here - I can send you the STP file separately if you wanted to tweak them.

At some stage I will make the STP files available to all, but for a start just the STLs, but you can grab the STPs if you want.

I mainly went for things I could FDM print as well - my Resin printer has been a right pain with warping, so until I get time to recalibrate it properly - I'm just going to do all my Models aimed at printing nicely in FDM.

I was also going to build holes in for lighting but will leave that till later as I really need to move on from the cockpit at some stage - I did add holes for cabling. (its one of those items that I keep seeing stuff I could improve on, but I have the rest of the Falcon to model as well)

Even on my Comparison photo I can see spots that need fixing - esp around the windows - might fix those tonight

Cheers Darrin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Dazza007's post:
  • jcoffman99