Yet another from Down Under
Hi All,
Darrin from Christchurch, New Zealand.
First can I saw, Wow, and thanks for such a handy collection of Scans.
I started my 5' Studio Scale Falcon build a few years back now, modelling everything myself. Took a year and a bit off to write a game on Steam, and now slowly getting back into it.

My main goal is to 3d Print the bulk of it, and design with minimal supports in mind. So far I have the frame, gunners turrets and docking tubes basically done.

So thanks for the well collated and excellent collection - I'm currently working on the Pits, and these have been invaluable.

Darrin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 4 users Like Dazza007's post:
  • jcoffman99, Junk Pilot, manugu, NecronautDrummer
Looks great!! Thanks for joining,

John
[-] The following 1 user Likes jcoffman99's post:
  • Dazza007
That's some really good looking work!
[-] The following 1 user Likes NecronautDrummer's post:
  • Dazza007
(03-21-2024, 08:13 PM)NecronautDrummer Wrote: That's some really good looking work!

Cheers, its a fun process, but very time consuming. Wink
That frame was about my 4th iteration, and even then I'm not happy with it.
I attached a photo of one of the pits I'm modelling based on these scans. Still a Work in Progress, but I'm happy with it so far - cant wait to get it on the printer now.
I'll probably post the files up at some stage - even as I go.
Someone else might find them handy.
Keeping in mind they might not be 100% accurate - but I am going from a lot of reference material to try and get it as close visually as I can

[-] The following 1 user Likes Dazza007's post:
  • manugu
Hi Darrin,

impressive work, I have seen it at theRPF!
If you are interested in file exchange, I don’t have much but am currently working on the radar dish. Hope to finish that some day and start a similar approach like you do!

Cheers
Manu

[-] The following 1 user Likes manugu's post:
  • Dazza007
Hi Manugu,
Radar dish is looking great, I might touch base with John and see if he is OK with me uploading the STLs here, or I will just upload them to the RPF.
I have already shared some files with people who have asked, but don't mind sharing.

Might be good to have a common repo with parts that anyone can use. (or tweak)
I have been designing mine all for FDM so far, but have just purchased a Resin printer for some of the finer work.

Cheers Darrin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dazza007's post:
  • manugu
(03-22-2024, 06:23 AM)Dazza007 Wrote: Hi Manugu,
Radar dish is looking great, I might touch base with John and see if he is OK with me uploading the STLs here, or I will just upload them to the RPF.
I have already shared some files with people who have asked, but don't mind sharing.

I have been designing mine all for FDM so far, but have just purchased a Resin printer for some of the finer work.

Cheers Darrin

Fine by me. Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like jcoffman99's post:
  • Dazza007, manugu
(03-22-2024, 06:23 AM)Dazza007 Wrote: Hi Manugu,

Cheers Darrin

Hi Darrin,

having a common part repository sounds great! Just to clarify some things in advance after I had another look over at theRPF: You are way ahead, I could not contribute much currently Wink
Also, no hurry from my side, if ever you decide to make some of your parts available that would be super generous.

Cheers
Manu
[-] The following 1 user Likes manugu's post:
  • Dazza007
The easiest way would be to post them in the 3D parts for sharing section of the site. You can just link to your Google drive or wherever you have them stored.
[-] The following 2 users Like jcoffman99's post:
  • Dazza007, manugu