Battle Beyond The Stars Valkyrie Dart
The 1980 film Battle Beyond The Stars is a seriously guilty pleasure for me, and I wanted models from the film since I saw it in the movie theater - yes, Roger Corman made money off of me.

As studio scale builds go, this is one of the simpler models - of course, figuring out the part ID's took me forever!

References for this ship: essentially, you take a screen-capture of *every freakin scene* this ship is featured in the movie, and stare at them until you see the two Tamiya 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 232 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen 8-Rads joined together to make up the aft fuselage. Then it is just a matter buying 2 of the 8-rads and a bunch of sheet styrene and getting to it!

(as built) Parts List

(2) Monogram F-15 Eagle 1/48
(2) Tamiya. 1/35 Sd.Kfz. 232 Schwerer Panzerspahwagen 8-Rad
(1) Lindberg / Glencoe Lunar Lander
(1) Airfix Saturn V
(1) Tamiya 1/35 20mm Flak38 Sd.Ah.52
(1) Tamiya 1/35 German 88mm Gun Flak 36/37
(1) Tamiya 1/35 German Hanomag Sd.Kfz. 251/1
(1) Airfix SRN4 Hovercraft
(1) Hasegawa-Minicraft 1/72 Leopold
(2) 1/24 engine cylinder headers (?) unsure of name, came from old mixed parts box 

-Plastruct 6mm spheres (any 6mm styrene beads should do)

-lots of sheet styrene

I didn't feel like adding lights even though lights (only one, really) are only needed for the main engine at the aft end of the 8-Rad hulls.  I used a wide strip of 3M reflective tape where the light should be.

I was happy with the build, and so was Sybil Danning when I gifted it to her at Wonderfest 2018.  Of course, that means I have to build another one for me...

[-] The following 5 users Like jcbrown's post:
  • BajaTym, jcoffman99, JimmyB, Ogibendogy, rbeach84
Nice job! The Cybill Danning angle is cool too!
Cheers!
Robert
[-] The following 1 user Likes rbeach84's post:
  • jcbrown
(04-26-2023, 05:57 PM)rbeach84 Wrote: Nice job!  The Cybill Danning angle is cool too!
Cheers!
Robert

Thank you!  As studio scale builds go, it's quick and easy; and Ms. Danning was an awesome lady to chat with!